We are seeking a smart, highly-capable full stack developer to participate in the development of software for our drones, robots, web portal, and cloud servers. This person must be very mentally flexible and have demonstrated the ability to pick up new skills quickly. Example tasks might include creating a RESTful webservice to provide auto generated plant health alerts to web applications, visualizing geo-data returned from a 3rd party REST API on a mapping component, integrating and visualizing data from various back-end services and databases, or UI design implementation and improving overall web-app mobile responsiveness. Candidates must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, small team startup environment.
The ideal candidate would have the following qualifications. However, none of these items is a must-have but are examples of skills we’ll want you to learn on the job.
- BS or MS in engineering or computer science and 3+ years software development experience. (Additional relevant experience can substitute for the degree.)
- Familiarity working in an agile environment with tools such as Jira
- Familiarity with git, bitbucket, and/or github
- Experience with frontend frameworks and libraries such as React Native, Angular, Bootstrap, Material, Semantic-UI
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL
- Experience using AWS cloud services and/or Google Firebase
- Experience building RESTful web services
- Familiarity with Linux.
- Experience working with image processing toolboxes or software such as OpenCV is a very strong plus.
- Ideally a candidate will have experience working with mapping components and libraries such as openlayers.js or google maps and visualizing geo-data but this is not a requirement.
Salary for this position, starting at $80k, is strongly based on experience and education. Compensation package includes full benefits and equity.
Greensight is an equal opportunity employer. We fundamentally believe that the strongest teams are diverse teams and are actively seeking to build a diverse staff.