Greensight is a dynamic, funded startup developing fully automated drone systems and a wide variety of related hardware and software. We are expanding an elite team of smart, hard working professionals to lead one of the fastest growing industries in the world.
GreenSight is seeking an innovative and ambitious finance professional to step into the company’s newly created Controller position. GreenSight is taking on business challenges from a diverse customer base that includes small farms and golf courses, large commercial enterprises and a wide array of US government agencies. GreenSight’s controller must be a hands-on individual highly motivated and experienced in working with growing technology companies, willing to intensively collaborate with the company’s executive team to implement efficient and effective new financial systems. Over half the company’s revenue comes from US Government contracts, so a strong familiarity with Government contract accounting rules (such as FAR and DCAA) is a necessity to do this job. As the company grows, new budgeting, project tracking and financial analysis systems will be needed to scale and maximize profitability.
This position will report to the COO and is based in GreenSight’s HQ in downtown Boston (Seaport district). Remote candidates will be considered, but candidates must be able to commute to Boston as needed.
- Customer Controller duties
- Supervising company accountant
- Manage annual financial audit preparation process
- Lead preparation of all government-required financial information, including quarterly updates to support approved government indirect rates
- Assist tax preparer providing information to prepare income tax returns
- Create and oversee financial reporting systems and dashboards
- Coordinate individual project budgets and expense tracking with program managers
- Assist COO with HR administration
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA and/or CPA preferred.
- 10 years or more of progressive experience in a Controllership role.
- Experience with a mix of companies including early stage, high tech/ high growth, and companies with $20-50m in revenue
- Experience at companies conducting work for the US Government and maintaining DCAA/FAR compliant accounting and timekeeping systems.
- Proven track record of designing and implementing processes and systems where none may have previously existed.
- Demonstrable strength in operations and the use of software to improve efficiency.
- Comfort using both Google Apps for business and the MIcrosoft Office suite, especially google sheets and Excel.
Compensation will vary between $110K and $140K based on experience and knowledge, along with competitive benefits including health and dental insurance, short and long term disability insurance and life insurance, and stock options GreenSight is an equal opportunity employer with an unshakeable belief in the value of having a staff that is diverse in gender, age, race, sexual orientation, and sexual identity.