Want to change the world using drone technology? Read on!
Greensight Agronomics is a dynamic, funded startup developing fully automatic drone systems to transform golf course maintenance and agriculture via remote sensing. We were founded by three engineers and business people with over 3 decades of combined experience on the cutting edge of military aerospace who decided to leverage that technology while leaving the pain, misery and bureaucracy of government work behind. We are building an elite team of smart, hard working engineers who can combine their skills to lead one of thye fastest growing industries in the world.
GreenSight is an equal opportunity employer. We hire nerds of all types.
Our currently posted open positions are listed below:
Software Engineer - Routing
We are seeking a smart, highly-capable software engineer to help us develop next-generation airborne IP data networks.
Requirements for the position include:
- BS or MS in software engineering or computer science and 5+years experience
- Hands-on experience developing and integrating network software
- Deep knowledge of Linux and TCP/IP networking. Experience with dynamic routing and load balancing preferred.
- Experience with advanced networking architectures including VLAN’s, routing, SNMP, caching and peering servers, and network security.
- Experience working with enterprise network router hardware a plus.
- Experience with C/C++ and Python required.
- Experience with revision control systems (git), issue tracking (redmine) and linux package management (deb/apt) required
- Good written and verbal communications skills.
- Familiarity with aviation and high reliability systems a plus
- Startup experience is also a major plus
Salary for this position, starting at $110k, strongly based on experience and education. Compensation package includes equity and health insurance.
GreenSight Agronomics is a startup based in Boston developing a drone service to help golf courses efficiently manage their turf by imaging their course and analyzing the imagery. We are growing rapidly, and looking for a drone enthusiast to join our team.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Test fly drones in the field
- Monitor remote-flying drones from our office
- Participate in servicing and assembly of drones and ground support equipment
Education and/or Experience
- 2 or 4 Year degree preferred
- Experience with drones, either as a hobby or professionally
- Experience as an RC aircraft pilot (plane, helicopters and/or multicopters)
- Experience with hand tools and measurement instruments
- Experience building and servicing drones and/or RC aircraft
- Prior military experience preferred
- Candidate must have or be able to earn an RPIC license from the FAA. Candidates without current RPIC must be prepared to study intensively and pass the exam within 2 weeks of starting.
Position pays $40,000 - $55,000 depending on experience and RPIC license.